Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Doolittle and Simmons

Saying he was "deeply humbled" by the results of last week's election, Jerry Simmons issued an apology to the Sierra College community

"I apologize … for how I've handled my role as a trustee. Although I had the best intentions, sometimes my implementation of key decisions was done poorly," Simmons said.

Simmons said he has spent many sleepless nights over the past few weeks pondering how to help the college move forward. He hoped the apology was "a place to start."

He then voted with three other trustees -- Klein, Scott Leslie and Nancy Palmer -- against a motion to remove him as president of the Sierra Joint Community College District board of trustees. The motion -- which needed five votes to pass -- failed, with trustees Dave Creek, Dave Ferrari and Barbara Vineyard backing it.

He appoligized yet there is still a recall. Why?

The Congressman John Doolittle stands behind them-

Congressman John Doolittle, Assemblyman Tim Leslie and Placer County Republican Party Chairman Dean Forman have all condemned the recall started Tuesday in statements issued to the press. Doolittle said “It is unfortunate that politics continues to overshadow the many positive things that the college is accomplishing.”


Here is something circulating from daily kos about John Doolittle

John Doolittle is in trouble.

I am convinced that he will be indicted.

The trouble is timing. It might happen before November, but it could also happen after the election.

Another open question is what crime will he be indicted for first.

Doolittle offers prosecutors a cornucopia of corruption, so it might be his connections to Abramoff, or Duke Cunningham, or his wife's fundraising scams or some new scandal that brings the little weasel down.

Or perhaps it will be a combination of them all. More

And from WAPO

Analysis-I honestly have not followed Sierra College politics but I saw a comment from PS about it and in reference to this blog. So tell me who the good guys are in this fight.

3 Comments:

Blogger Russ said...

HD-Jerry Simmons, after being elected, immediately went for Kevin Ramirez's throat.

Forgive my ignorance by why did they go after Ramirez in the first place?

3:44 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I've voted for Rs occasionally, Pataki, Bloomberg - but only if the Dem is completely unacceptable. When it coms to Doolittle, the facts are well-known: he treats public service as a means to private gain. If that's what someone thinks the country needs, go ahead.

As it is, given the complete nutjobs that basically run the Rs, I don't think I'll ever vote for one of them again. Even the good ones empower the freaks. Get rid of the DeLay/Dobson/Doolittle crowd, and I'll reconsider.

:-), StS

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm Sophia,
from Uzbekistan,
and I'm 14 y.o

Hi, Girl and Boy
I've studied English sinse this Summer .
It's so hard Language!
I would like like to meet boys and practisice My English with them.

Thank You

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home